2022 Thursday Eagle Rock League Rules
• April 21nd at 5:30 pm: League meeting to review / discuss league rules (one player per team required)
• April 28th: First night of league play SHOTGUN START 5:30 pm. League will consist of 20 weeks ending September 8th
• Rain outs WILL NOT be made up.
• League fees are $100 per 2-man team, DUE by April 21nd. The Late penalty if not paid by April 28th: NO Pay outs awarded until dues are paid!!!!!!
• League will play on opposite nines every other week
• CTP: $3 per player (optional) for each division confirmed by opponent. Sign up / pay before playing
• Skins: $3 per player (optional) for each division. Sign up / pay before playing on league nights only
• We will use 80% calculation of your actual gross score for 9 holes. Take a “double par” for a player picking up ball
and not holing out. Handicaps will be calculated after each round. If you have a handicap ending in .5 or higher
it will be rounded up to next whole number. Subs will have their handicaps calculated after they complete their
first round and then adjusted each time they sub for the remainder of the season. We will use 2021 handicaps for regulars and subs (rolling 5 weeks).
• Player A Team 1 vs. Player A Team 2, Player B Team 1 vs. Player B Team
• Maximum handicap for this league is 18 x 80% = 14. Scores will be adjusted accordingly
• Each match is played for 3 points.
o Player A Team 1 vs Player A Team 2 Match Play = 1 points
o Player B Team 1 vs Player B Team 2 Match Play = 1 points
o Team 1 vs Team 2 Net Totals = 1 points
• Scorecards will be prepared with handicaps and found in the Pro Shop prior to tee times.
• If you have a sub play that is not reported prior to 12 noon on a league night you will need to adjust handicaps,
names, etc. on scorecard. New subs will establish a handicap following 1st round.
The following actions will be implemented in regards to incorrect, incomplete or unsigned scorecards:
A signed card (Scorer and Attest) will be counted as a FINAL CARD.
• One player from each team will review the scorecard and sign it BEFORE leaving the course.
• Should a complaint/question/clarification be requested after an incorrect, incomplete or unsigned scorecard is submitted
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please email Steve Heilshorn using the email listed on the website "Contact" page.
• Scorecards must be placed in designated /marked mailbox inside Pro Shop upon completion of match by 8:30 pm
• Circle all birdies and eagles to qualify for skins payouts.
• FIRST HALF (10 weeks ending June 30th)
• SECOND HALF (10 weeks ending September 8th)
• TOTAL Total points for entire 20 weeks
LEAGUE STANDINGS, PROXIMITY RESULTS, HOLE ASSIGNMENTS, HANDICAPS & SUB LIST
• These will be posted online by Monday following previous Thursday League play.
• You may hit 2 balls on first tee and play the better of the two
• Everyone will play from White Tees using USGA, except as modified by local rules and league rules.
• League rules ARE NOT TO BE adjusted by teams before a match begins.
• Keep pace of play, slow play rules will be enforced
• You may only roll/touch/clean everywhere up to 6 inches but no closer to hole (Winter Rules).
Be a gentleman and discuss rules or questions with your playing partner and opponents to determine a
honest judgment regarding drops, out of bounds (white stakes), ground under
repair, hazard point of entry (red / yellow stakes), and hole by hole score.
• If an agreement cannot be reached or there is a dispute, play 2 balls and mark both scores on card.
Discuss with Steve Hielshorn or Marc Sanchez following completion of your match. All league committee decisions are final.
Continued unsportsmanship or harassment may result in suspension from league.
• Interior OB will only be the parking lot and clubhouse. Exterior OB
lines are marked with white stakes and are stroke and distance penalties. If you are unsure if your
shot went OB, play a provisional ball. If you find your original ball, pick up your provisional (this will save time).
• “Gimmies” on putting surface need to be agreed between teams prior to match
• Bunkers in 2022 are rake and place all season. If you hit the ball into a bunker that is marked as ground
under repair or any area in question, take the nearest point of relief no nearer the hole.
You take full relief (not standing in the bunker or on the bare spot) then drop within one club length. NO CLOSER TO THE HOLE!
• Matches that cannot be played on a league night must be completed by the Sunday
immediately following that Thursday (within 3 days). Contact a member of the other team.
Teams should agree on a mutually beneficial time/date for the make-up. If one team can’t play
at all that week, they will receive zero (0) points and their opponents will play vs. a blind draw card
• NO SHOWS?? Attendance for matches will be tracked. Teams or players that do not show up for
league and do not have subs may be asked to leave the league. They are other teams
interested in joining. NO REFUNDS of League Fees if you are asked to leave the league.
• If there is a “NO SHOW” team or one player, the opponent will play against a blind draw card from the other cards in that division
• At the end of the season, the top 2 teams from the Snead division will move to the Hogan,
the bottom 2 teams from the Hogan division will move to the Snead